Make sure that you have your letter of acceptance and your Personal Statement before applying for the scholarship.
Each year, a limited number of students may qualify for a Full, 50%, 25% or 20% tuition scholarship, which may be continued for the duration of their programme of study, subject to satisfactory progress. A student is required to have achieved at least a Merit performance in each year, without the student needing to repeat courses. If a student does not achieve Merit performance in any one year, the award will terminate from that point onwards.
Application Deadline & Important Dates
Applications are currently closed. Upcoming deadline will be posted here and on our Facebook page.
To be considered for the Axcel Undergraduate Scholarship, applicants must first obtain a letter of acceptance to study at Axcel for that year.
Information on how to apply to Axcel International Academy is available here
The decision to grant a scholarship is based on the following criteria:
- Aptitude test score: worth 50 points out of 100
- The personal statement: worth 20 points out of 100
- The personal interview: worth 30 points out of 100
The aptitude test measures a broad range of abilities (e.g.: verbal comprehension, general reasoning, numerical operations, perceptual speed, or mechanical knowledge).
The overall aptitude test takes 2 hours and 20 minutes, including 10 minute breaks between sections. The test will consist of three sections: the Verbal Reasoning section, the Numerical Reasoning section, and the Inductive Reasoning section.
We recommend that you prepare well for the test since it accounts for 50% of the overall evaluation points. To familiarise yourself with the test, please contact us by email and we will send you sample questions to help you practice for the test.
The aptitude test is payable ($100), which will be refunded for students who receive the scholarship.
Only short listed applicants will be invited to a personal interview.
The personal statement is an important part of the scholarship application. It is your chance to describe your ambitions, skills, and experience.
The personal statement is expected to be about 500 words of text that show you’d make a great student – so it might take a few redrafts until you’re happy with it.
Process of Selection
Applicants who have the highest overall evaluation score will be granted the scholarship as follows:
- One full-tuition scholarship for the highest evaluation score
- Two 50% tuition scholarships for the 2nd and 3rd highest evaluation scores
- Three 25% tuition scholarships for the 4th, 5th, and 6th highest evaluation scores
- A limited number of 20% tuition scholarships
Note that each criterion will contribute to the final evaluation score.
- Upload your letter of acceptance and your personal statement and submit your application below
- After submitting your application, you will be invited to take the aptitude test
- Short listed candidates will be invited for a personal interview
- Results will be announced shortly after